Mississippi First published the first State of Pre-K report in 2015. It was the state’s first report describing access to quality pre-K on a community level and across provider types in Mississippi. In 2017, we published an update to the the report. Because our current schedule is to publish a report every three years, the newest iteration of the report should be released in 2020.
In 2017, we released the second State of Pre-K in Mississippi report. This report provided updated data about the state’s public pre-K programs as well as detailed programmatic information about private licensed childcare centers serving four-year-old children. The report also offered information about the quality of pre-K programs in school districts. Lastly, we updated and expanded the pre-K access data in each Mississippi community to account for four-year-old children who may have been served in licensed childcare centers in addition to Head Start programs and school district pre-K programs.
Read the 2017 State of Pre-K in Mississippi report (PDF).
- Executive Summary
- The State of Pre-K Analysis (7/14/2017)
- The State of Pre-K in Mississippi Summary Data (2014-2015)
- Definitions & Sources
- Appendix A
- Appendix B (7/14/2017)
- Appendix C
- Pre-K Data File – County Access Information
- Pre-K Data File – School District Information (7/14/2017)
- Pre-K Data File – Childcare Information
- Corrections to the Report (8/25/2017)
Mississippi First released The State of Public Pre-Kindergarten in Mississippi in 2015 as a follow-up to the Title I Preliminary Report. It provided more detailed programmatic and contextual data about public school pre-K programs and the communities they served in 2011-2012.
- Read the full report (PDF).
- The Relationship between Public Pre-K Access and Poverty– By Rachel Canter
The Relationship between Publicly Funded Pre-K Access and Geography in Mississippi– By Angela Bass
- The State of Public Pre-K in Mississippi Summary Data (2011-2012)
- Access and Demographic Data
- Collaboration Data
- State of Public Pre-K (2011-2012)
The report link is being updated as corrections are submitted. Updated: 3/23/2015