- looking to make a profound difference in a supportive, fast-paced, and intellectually stimulating work environment?
- trained in policy analysis?
- passionate about public education?
If you answered yes to these questions, then Mississippi First is the right next career move for you! Mississippi First is always looking for experienced, talented people to join our public policy non-profit.
NOTE ABOUT COVID-19: Due to the pandemic, no employees will be expected to travel prior to 2021. Candidates who are required to relocate may delay relocation until 2021. All hiring will be done remotely.
Director of Early Childhood Education Policy
The Director will be responsible for analyzing policy and data, developing policy proposals, supporting advocacy activities directed toward policymakers, leading research projects, writing policy papers, and delivering policy presentations.
To apply, please submit the following to Rachel Canter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover letter;
- a resume;
- a writing sample showing your policy analysis skills;
- a minimum of three (3) references for whom you have worked, at least one of which must have been a supervisor, including for each the name of the relevant organization, name of contact person, email, and telephone number; and
- a completed Employment Application Form (attached to Job Description).
TIP: Please read the job description carefully. Many previous job applicants have not been able to demonstrate any experience with policy work, including research and writing, which has prevented them from advancing in the process. Please make sure you include in your materials evidence that you have training or experience in policy work.
The application process will be rolling, so the position may be filled before this date. Questions regarding this proposal can be submitted to Rachel Canter at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Mississippi First only offers internships during the summer months.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mississippi First is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.
For any questions, please contact MacKenzie Stroh Hines.